Tuesday, June 23, 2020

For the past year or so, I've been doing lots of collage work.  I guess it means something but I'm also enjoying the end products.  My hands are not as steady as they were but I need to master the technique of holding a brush steady again.  Its all good!


 Tibetan Nuns (collage on wood) (2018)



Collages on oval canvases. (relatives)





 The Hen Party (collage on wood)(2019)
















1 Cat for Becky (a collage)(2019)
2nd cat for Becky (A collage)(2019)  
 
             







Full painting: "The Ozarks" (2020)

 Full oil painting: "The Back Way". (2019)




Still finding meanings in this life......



So now here we are in June of 2020.  So much is going on, so much. But close to home:  KoKo left me on May 24th.  (tomorrow will be one month) I am still crying.  I honestly had no idea this would be so painful.  He was with me 14 years, shy a two weeks of being his 15th birthday. I have his ashes, I have a little of his hair, I have a foot print, photos but I don't have Koko. I have opened up cabinets in here and just broke down cause his stuff is still there.  Its so hard, so hard but I'm taking my time to deal with this.  He was my best bud, my best bud!!  All of my immediate family is gone over the past years, I miss them and I hope he meets up with them somewhere out there. I also hope he is doing his cat thing. I feel like we bonded but he was never really a cat..running in the grass, meeting his girlfriend, he did catch a mouse once, but you know, cat stuff.  I miss him!!!

I turned 74 last week.  I AM 74 YEARS OLD!!! Amazing and I've been crying over that too!!!
What now?  I'm 8 credits away from a Masters degree, good.  I'm still painting here and there, good.  I am alone, no male companion, mixed feelings there. I am in debt but so what else is new...I'm still 74 years old. 

We, the country, is dealing with a virus that shut everything down.  EVERYTHING! Stores closed, people are having to wear face masks and its not really known where it came from only that its deadly to older people.  It catches onto internal organs like the lungs and stomach.  People were stocking up on toilet paper!!!  It gets young people too. I think one cat and one dog that was reported.  Children, well, I don't know but it has wreaked havoc all over the world. All over!!  The masks are to prevent a person passing it but many people are not cacious.  Its started back in December of 2019 and just busted out in March 2020. It calmed down in some places but many believe its going to be bad again because people are not taking care.  Its not the flu, its a real virus strain that can be transmitted person to person. 

Actually, I'm just catching up here.  We are in the good ole summer time at this writing, so that's good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment